Due to recent changes in data protection laws, all websites which operate across certain parts of the European Union are required to obtain consent using or storing cookies (or similar technologies) on your computers or mobile devices.
For further information about this policy, please contact email@example.com
1. What are cookies?
Information gathered through Cookies may include the date and time of visits, the use a User makes of the webpage, whether a User has visited the site before and what site referred the User to a particular web page.
Cookies cannot be executed as code or used to deliver viruses and they cannot enable us to access your hard drive. Congress Line cannot read any information on your hard drive even if cookies are stored there.
2. Cookie types
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g. cookies placed by congressline.gr).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie. The most common of this type of cookie is the Google Analytics™ cookie, you will see below.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for a period specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window or a browser tab and access a website and finishes when they close the browser tab or the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use a website – e.g. which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is. Some performance cookies are managed by third parties.
- Google Analytics™ Help pages
More useful information about cookies can be found at:
Congress Line is not related in any way to the above-mentioned website and shall bear no responsibility of its contents or otherwise.
3. What cookies type do we use and why?
Congress Line’s website uses performance cookies to monitor the website’s performance. In particular we use:
- Google Analytics™ cookies:
We use Google Analytics to get anonymous statistics on how our website is used. This cookie type is managed by Google® for the purpose stated above. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor fully compliant with European and Local legislations.
- Performance cookies.
We use performance cookies for error management that will help us improve our website. We don’t allow third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above. In addition, we use another performance cookie to remember your latest language selection. This is for serving the website in the future, in the language you chose on your last visit. In general, we use performance cookies on our website to:
- Help us improve the website by understanding what pages are popular;
- Identify and correct errors;
- Provide statistics on how our website is used so we can improve the site; and
- Monitor the effectiveness of our marketing.
The above-mentioned cookies are essential for the User’s smooth navigation ability through our website and use features of it, such as accessing secure areas. If the User decides, for any reason, to either withhold consent or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of this website may not work properly disallowing the User from accessing all or part of the website.
In addition, these cookies allow the website to remember choices the User makes such as user name, language or region of the User and provide a more enhanced personal experience (where these are features of the webpage).
We do not permit any third parties to advertise on our website, but we cannot control advertisers that are allowed by internet service providers to advertise whilst you are browsing on the internet.
Congress Line is required by law to obtain the express consent of the User for all types of cookies that we place other than those that are “strictly necessary”.
4. How to delete and block our cookies, or any other web site cookies
5. Changing your cookie settings and other opt-out options
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details. Please note that any amendments on the browser settings in relation to Cookies will not only affect Cookies from www.congressline.gr but also all other webpages the User visits. There is the option to specify the blocking of Cookies from specific webpages. In the event that a User blocks Cookies from a webpage, any preferences associated with that webpage will be lost.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer™
- Cookie settings in Firefox™
- Cookie settings in Chrome™
- Cookie settings in Safari™
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
Congress Line is not related in any way to the above-mentioned websites and shall bear no responsibility of their contents or otherwise.
6. Your consent
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this website, you must stop using our website.
7. Can I withdraw my consent?
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
Such withdrawal of consent and/or deletion of the Cookies on the website may affect the manner you view and/or interact with the website.
8. Other websites
The provisions of this Document are not exhaustive and Congress Line shall at all times ensure full compliance with the GDPR. If any provision is, or may in the future be conflicting with the provisions of local and European legislations, such provisions shall be disregarded and the legislation shall prevail.